1. Tomato Spinach Soup
A simple tomato with spinach soup.Ingredients:
- One can of crushed tomatoes
- One can of diced tomatoes
- Three ounces of fresh chopped spinach
- One cup of finely chopped onions
- Half a cup of chopped celery
- Two finely chopped garlic cloves
- Two tablespoon of olive oil
- Quarter of a cup of chopped basil
- One tablespoon of dried thyme
- One tablespoon of dried oregano
- Two cups of low sodium and fat free vegetable broth
- One tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
- Ground black pepper
First heat up the oil in the pot and add in the garlic, celery and onion. Then saute them until they are softened.
After that, sprinkle the oregano and thyme over them. Then add in the diced and crushed tomatoes along with the vegetable broth.
Also add in the spinach and basil. Stir until wilted. Then bring it to a boil, reduce the heat and let it simmer for 20 minutes.
After that, add in the balsamic vinegar and season with black pepper.
2. Cucumber and Cantaloupe Salad
Salad made from cucumber and cantaloupe
- One cantaloupe, roughly chopped
- Half a large cucumber, peeled and roughly chopped
- Three scallions, sliced thinly
- Quarter cup of lime juice
- Quarter cup of chopped cilantro leaves
- Salt and pepper
First take a small bowl and mixed in properly the salt, pepper and lime juice first. Leave it aside.
Then take another bowl and add in the cilantro, green onions, cucumber and cantaloupe. After that, mix in the juice mixture little by little.
3. Barbecued Salmon with Herb Mayonnaise
Healthy fish coated with low carb mayonnaise to keep the moisture.
- One salmon fillet, weight may vary from half to two pound
- Two tablespoons of lime juice
- One third cup of light mayonnaise
- Quarter teaspoon of herbs you like
- Coarsely ground black pepper and coarse salt
First heat up your barbecue grill. Then wash the salmon fillet and pat it dry with a paper towel.
Put the salmon skin down on a piece of aluminium foil. Take a small bowl and whisk in the lime juice, mayonnaise and herbs until it becomes smooth.
Then spread it all over the top of the salmon. After that, sprinkle some salt and pepper lightly.
Then take the aluminium foil with the salmon to your grill. Cover the salmon with the lid but open the vents.
Cook it for around 10 minutes where the salmon will be slightly opaque at the thickest part. Then take the salmon out and it is ready to be served.
4. Vegetable Ratatouille Pasta
A healthy Italian dish served with pasta
- One large sized aubergine
- One green bell pepper
- One red onion
- Two medium zucchinis
- Quarter bottle of red wine
- One teaspoon of dried thyme
- Two bay leaves
- Three garlic cloves, crushed
- A can of chopped tomatoes
- Two tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
First chop the aubergine, zucchinis, onions and peppers into an inch square pieces. Then fry the onions in a little olive oil for a few minutes.
Then add in the rest of the vegetables with garlic and fry them again for a few minutes.
Then add in the thyme along with the wine and slowly stir them in low heat. Add in the tomatoes after that and put the bay leaves on top.
Then over the pan and let it simmer at low heat for 45 minutes. Stir it occasionally.
Then 10 minutes before you serve, stir in the balsamic vinegar. Then serve with around 60g of pasta, sprinkle with low fat Parmesan cheese and put on pasta.
5. Gorgonzola & Prune Stuffed Chicken
A simple recipe of chicken breast with a healthy stuffing
- Quarter cup of whole wheat breadcrumbs
- A third of a cup of Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- Half a cup of chopped prunes
- Four chicken breast , boneless, skinless, trimmed
- One teaspoon of thyme, minced
- Half teaspoon of salt
- Half teaspoon of ground pepper
- One shallot, minced
- One tablespoon and one teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil
- One cup of chicken broth, low sodium
- Half cup of red wine
- Four teaspoons of all-purpose flour
Get a small bowl and mix in the breadcrumbs, half teaspoon of thyme, quarter cup of prunes and Gorgonzola.
Then make a horizontal cut alone the thin edge of the chicken, almost through the opposite side.
Stuff about two and a half spoon of the mixture into each chicken breast.
Use toothpicks to seal the opening. Season the each side of the chicken breast with salt and pepper.
Then heat up a nonstick skillet with one tablespoon of oil over medium-high heat.
Then put the chicken in to cook until it is golden, which takes around 4 minutes per side.
Transfer the chicken to a plate. Then add in the last oil, shallot, and the last teaspoon of thyme onto the pan and cook.
After a minute later, add in the wine and last cup of prunes. Reduce the heat to medium and continue cooking while scraping up any browned bits.
After 2 minutes, the wine should evaporate.
Pour the broth along with some flour into a small bowl and whisk until it becomes smooth. Then pour it back to the pan and continue to cook and stir it until it is thickened, which takes around two minutes.
Then reduce the heat to low, put back the chicken with any sauce into the pan and turn it to coat it with the sauce.
Cover the pan and cook the chicken until it is fully cooked.
Put it on a plate, take out the toothpick, slice the chicken and top it with the sauce.
6. Spiced Vegetable Omelet
A dish filled with Omega-3 that dun require a lot of washing up
- One tablespoon of golden linseed
- Two tablespoons of milk
- Two large eggs or three medium eggs (discard the yolk of the third egg)
- Half a teaspoon of ground turmeric
- One teaspoon of dried mixed herbs
- Half teaspoon of ground cumin
- One ball of frozen spinach
- A bunch of frozen peas
- One medium cup of mushroom
- Two tablespoon of grated cheese
- Salt and pepper
First put the linseeds into a coffee grinder and pulse the seeds until they are loosely ground.
Then whisk the egg in a bowl while adding the ground linseed, milk, herbs, spices, salt and pepper. Keep on whisking until they are all mixed in.
Then heat up a non-stick pan with a bit of oil. Pour some of the mixture in and wait 30 seconds before you whisk the mixture again.
Add in the frozen spinach. Keep the omelet loose at the edge of the pan. Then add in the frozen peas and sliced mushrooms on the same side of the spinach in the omelet.
When the omelet is almost cooked, sprinkle moist cheese over the mushroom and fold the empty side of the omelet over the cheese.
Let it cook for another one minute before serving.
7. Baby Tiramisu
This healthy dessert will make sure you have your cravings checked once a while
- Half teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Two tablespoons of confectioners sugar
- Half a cup of ricotta cheese, nonfat
- Four table spoon of strong coffee
- One eighth teaspoon of cinnamon, grounded
- Twelve ladyfingers
- Two tablespoon of bittersweet chocolate chips, melted
Take a bowl and mix in the vanilla, ricotta, cinnamon and sugar.
Then place six ladyfingers on a loaf pan, Then drizzle the with two tablespoons of espresso.
After that, spread the ricotta mixture over the ladyfingers.
Then place another layer of ladyfingers and drizzle them with the remaining coffee. Then drizzle with the melted chocolate.
Put the mixture into the fridge until the chocolate is set, which takes around 30 minutes.
Follow my instagram @behealthybeloved to create a health community together!